VISIT GILMANTON’S OWN MARKET AT THE
THE SOUTH BARN FARM MARKET, 741 PROVINCE RD., GILMANTON
OPEN EVERY WEEK THURSDAYS 3-5:30, SATURDAYS, 10-4, and sundays 11-3
AND GILMANTON’S OWN ONLINE
AVAILABLE SUNDAY EVENINGS THRU WEDNESdAY 7 AM FOR PRE-ORDER/PRE-PAY FOR Thursday PICKUP, 3-5:30
FOR GILMANTON’S OWN ONLINE ENTER HERE:
Pick up your order at the South Barn THURSDAYS, 3-5:30
GILMANTON’S OWN MARKET WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
October 3 – October 9, 2022
To see the newsletter in its full original format (with GREAT pictures) Click THIS IMAGE, BELOW:
- This week’s specials from the kitchen of Chef Sarah Baldwin Welcome. Preorder at gilmantonsown.com for pickup on Thursday during Market time.
- Charcuterie Platter (assortment of salamis, cheeses and deviled eggs)
- Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- Stuffed Peppers- Ground beef, rice, tomatoes and vegetables
- We have a great range of fresh fish and seafood available — order online for pickup Thursday during Market hours! Our source is The Daily Haul in Portsmouth, a family run boat-to-table seafood company that operates the largest ground fishing boat in NH. They also partner with local shellfish harvesters in the community. This week we have available:
- Haddock ($15.90 per pound)
- Flounder ($15.90 per pound)
- Scallops ($28.80 per pound).
- Granite State Greens has returned to the Market with their lovely, delicious lettuces and other greens. Heidi Horman has brought her hydroponic greens to the Market fresh from Sanbornton for a number of years now, making our fall and winter produce section a great draw for customers looking for healthy salads.
- Fall Tea Sale! If you’ve been thinking of trying Wild Daisy Herbals small batch teas, now is the time. Emily’s herbal blends can be enjoyed both warm and chilled over ice. All black and white labeled teas are on sale. Large bags are now $20 and small bags are now $5.
- Cultivating Community is Back! Join us Saturday, October 8: This Saturday, October 8th, local artist Nick Pugh will display his latest installation sculpture, Vega, and welcome everyone to his Open Studio behind the Market. We encourage you to take the short walk up the hill to see his 2020 sculpture, Spark of Creation, and to enjoy the spectacular fall colors. Freshly-grilled breakfast and lunch sandwiches will also be available from Gilmanton’s Own resident chef, Sarah Baldwin-Welcome, from 10am to 2pm.
- Thanks for Another Great Taste of Gilmanton! What a lovely time we all had at the Harvest Taste of Gilmanton last Saturday! A great group gathered at Karen Bentley’s Friendship Farm barn on Frisky Hill for fabulous food, lively conversation and lots of laughter. All with a gorgeous backdrop of a lovely sunset. We’re so delighted we could return to having these events this year. Stay tuned for news of next year’s Taste of Gilmanton.
Nick Pugh, Spark of Creation