THE SOUTH BARN FARM MARKET, 741 PROVINCE RD., GILMANTON
OPEN EVERY WEEK THURSDAYS 3-5:30, SATURDAYS, 10-4, and sundays 11-3
ENTER HERE FOR GILMANTON’S OWN ONLINE, AVAILABLE SATURDAY EVENINGS THRU WEDNESdAY 7 AM FOR PRE-ORDER/PRE-PAY FOR Thursday PICKUP, 3-5:30
Pick up your order at the South Barn THURSDAYS, 3-5:30
GILMANTON’S OWN MARKET WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
AUGUST 8-14, 2022
At the South Barn Farm Market, 741 Province Rd., Gilmanton
- This week’s specials from the kitchen of Chef Sarah Baldwin Welcome. Preorder at gilmantonsown.com for pickup on Thursday during Market time.
- Gazpacho: A great cold soup from Spain loaded with height of the season produce.
- Grilled Summer Vegetable Quiche
- Tamari Meatball & Eggplant Casserole
- New Hampshire Community Seafood is taking a little break, so NO FRESH FISH/SEAFOOD THIS WEEK.
- ICE CREAM! The heat of the past week has made us yearn for ice cream. We have many flavors of Walpole Creamery Ice Cream (from Walpole, NH) in stock. It’s delicious. Made from local ingredients, including hormone and antibiotic-free milk and cream, non-GMO cane sugar, all made using a small batch process to ensure quality in each pint.
- ON THE CUSP POTTERY: Take a look at Sara Petipas’ beautiful pottery. She just brought a bunch of new pieces in, including some new colors and designs. She has a degree in Art with a concentration in Ceramics. She says of her current work, “My current work is a combination of wheel working & hand building inspired by the beauty & whimsy of my ordinary surroundings. I use a four step glazing process which I feel gives the work a natural warmth that honors the integrity of the medium while relaying my own unique vision.” We love it.
- IT’S SUMMER SQUASH SEASON. And speaking of art, if you look at the bins of summer squashes and zucchinis (a kind of summer squash) you will be impressed with the beautiful range of designs of this vegetable. Solid green or green with white stripes. Pear-shaped yellow squashes. Gorgeous scalloped squashes in white or golden yellow. It’s such a versatile (and economical) vegetable – you can do many different things with them: sauté, bake, stuff, grill, serve raw, make a squash bread, make a salsa… add a lot of extra flavor or just a little. So many things to do: check out the varieties in the Market and check out the wide range of recipe possibilities on line.