VISIT GILMANTON’S OWN MARKET AT THE
THE SOUTH BARN FARM MARKET, 741 PROVINCE RD., GILMANTON
THE MARKET IS OPEN SATURDAYS 10-4 ONLY
GILMANTON’S OWN ONLINE AVAILABLE SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY 7 AM FOR PRE-ORDER/PRE-PAY FOR SATURDAY PICKUP
GILMANTON’S OWN ONLINE IS OPEN. ENTER HERE:
Pick up your order at the South Barn SATURDAY 10-4
GILMANTON’S OWN MARKET WEEKLY NEWSLETTER FOR
JANUARY 23-29, 2023
To see the newsletter in its full original format (with GREAT pictures) Click THIS IMAGE, BELOW:
- Pre-order Chef Sarah Baldwin Welcome’s delicious, warming dishes this week. Order now, pick up Thursday during Market hours.
- Charcuterie Platter – Assortment of salamis, cheeses and deviled eggs
- Asian Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- Seafood Pie – Lobster, scallops and shrimp in sherry cream sauce
topped with puff pastry
- Braised Pork with Cabbage, Sausage, Potatoes and Mustard
- Fish and Seafood from the Daily Haul! This week we have a great assortment of fresh-frozen fish (Fresh-frozen means it is frozen as soon as we get it — no sitting around). New this week:
- Also in our fresh-frozen fish and seafood department: Haddock, Flounder, Lobster (Cooked, 1/2#), Salmon (Faroe Island), Sockeye Salmon (Wild Alaskan) and Shrimp (Wild Pink)
- This Week’s Fresh Pasta from Valicenti Pasta Farm (Hollis NH):
- Blond Conchiglie – A ridged shell shape, made fresh with semolina dough. Conchiglie sounds rather exotic, but having “conch” in the name gives these delightful little shells away. Perfect for the weeknight mac and cheese or a pasta salad.
- Provisions & Produce: Fresh Fruits & Vegetables: We’re stocked with Macintosh apples, green cabbage, carrots, garlic, head lettuce, varieties of microgreens, mushrooms, onions (baby, yellow and red), parsnips, potatoes (assorted), butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and watermelon radish.
- News & Events: 20% Off Sale. Kosho Salami from Short Creek Farm (Hollis NH) is on sale this week, making it the perfect time to give it a try. This salami combines a Japanese-style chili-citrus paste with pasture-raised non-GMO-fed pork.
- News and Events: Recycle Your Empties! Supply chain issues persist and Huckins Farm (New Hampton NH) is desperately low on milk jars. Please return your empties to the Market and we’ll make sure to get the jars back to them. Thanks for your support!
- Artisan Accent:Nadeau Creative WoodworkingPhilip F. Nadeau (Loudon NH)
Philip has brought in another one of his beautiful footstools. “Birds Eye” Maple? Leopardwood? Peruvian Walnut? His handmade “Shaker Style” footstools are crafted of these and many more exotic and domestic hardwoods. Who doesn’t need a little lift now and then? These photos don’t do them the justice they deserve. Stop by and feast your eyes on these beauties in person!